Nord Security is a leading cybersecurity solutions provider with the product family of five advanced cybersecurity solutions: NordVPN, NordLayer, NordPass, NordLocker, and NordWL. We have one true goal - to give true online privacy and security to as many people as we can.
NordVPN - fastest VPN on the planet, built to protect your online traffic and privacy with next-generation encryption.
Our Legal team is the one overlooking every law-related detail and angle. We take on any challenge, and neither common nor continental law intimidates us. As we work across multiple areas, from business to IT, our team gets the privilege to see all the inner workings of building advanced cybersecurity solutions. So, if there are no further objections, we welcome you to join our team.
You will be acting as a junior-mid product counsel for one of our younger cybersecurity products and thus your area of focus would be all product-related legal matters. You will not only review, draft and negotiate different types of commercial contracts, but also tackle general topics such as consumer protection, marketing, intellectual property, advertising that arise out of the operation and growth of the product. You’ll be part of the Product and Engineering Legal team - and report directly to their Lead. You will be supported by your teammates in relation to their areas of expertise.
What You Will Do
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements;
- Development of the standard marketing contract terms and templates;
- Advise on a range of compliance issues, regulations and industry standards with a focus on consumer protection, advertising, and intellectual property with the support of your teammates when matter are more specialized;
- Support product and advertising operations as you balance user and policy considerations;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with external legal professionals, working in close cooperation with law firms while advocating Nord Security’s interests;
- Coordinate advice with cross-functional stakeholders, including Product, Sales, Marketing, and others, advising and supporting stakeholders on commercial engagements, providing pragmatic, business-oriented legal advice;
- Keep current on relevant industry standards, laws, and regulations, proactively contributing your ideas, identifying, and sharing best practices, helping to increase legal awareness among teams;
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied.
What We Expect
- 3+ years of relevant experience in law firm or as an in-house counsel (experience with tech sector would be an advantage);
- Solid understanding of commercial law;
- Master’s degree in Law (LLM);
- Keen interest in technology;
- Fluent verbal and written English;
- Solid communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Experience working in diverse and international environment;
- A sense of adventure and willingness to stay nimble and learn new things.