Position purpose: This role is responsible for representing operations, establishing new processes, arranging necessary resources, and creating documents to successfully transfer products from R&D/Development or from other manufacturing sites to Vilnius manufacturing groups. If needed Senior Manufacturing Scientist could act as a project manager, substitute supervisor and train new staff members.
Role and Functions:
- Acts as Operations representative in NPI (New Product Introduction) projects
- Represents manufacturing in project planning sessions
- Ensures all necessary quality standards are met throughout project planning and execution
- Coordinates activities between R&D and manufacturing groups in Vilnius site
- Prepares or updates project-specific documentation
- Prepares or updates QC/manufacturing documents to fit manufacturing and quality needs
- Initiates and manages manufacturing and quality testing activities
- Is responsible for SKU creation in Agile and/or ERP system
- Introduces new raw materials to manufacturing, plans and procures them for the first manufacturing lot
- Actively indicates risks and raises them to the core team
- Ensures project success by identifying and mitigating risks
- Solves problems and handles crises effectively
- Other duties as assigned
- Can be responsible fo transferring products to manufacturing from other Thermo Fisher Scientific manufacturing sites to Vilnius site
- Is responsible for answering enquiries from other manufacturing sites
- Is responsible for initiating and leading major change procedures
- Actively uses PPI tools and methods
- Generates ideas on how to improve and optimize processes
- Is punctual and meets attendance requirements
- Assists Team Members in resolving extended team and functional issues
- University Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life science, bioengineering or chemistry.
- 2-5 years of Quality, Lean, Product development and Manufacturing experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office 365)
- Knowledge of quality management standards and requirements
- Knowledge of general principles of documentation
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
The Company offers:
- Meaningful, mission-based work.
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- Professional career opportunities.
- Work in an ambitious team.
- Monthly salary 2000 - 3200 Eur (Brutto) and additional benefits package.